Foodstuffs has celebrated its National Partnership Awards, with the two locally owned and operated cooperatives coming together to celebrate the very best of its supplier community.
National Award Innovation Award winner Morgan Maw from Boring Milk says she’s chuffed to be recognised at such a prestigious event and the award highlights the support Foodstuffs gives to innovation within the sector.
“We’re a young company, only one year old, so to win this award is a testament to the mahi we’ve done and the support we receive from Foodstuffs, we’re really proud to work alongside them on our journey”, says Maw. “It’s essential that innovation and growth is nurtured in New Zealand, so it’s reassuring that Foodstuffs goes out of its way to celebrate and uplift suppliers like us who are trying new things.”
Mary Devine, CEO of Foodstuffs South Island, told the audience as one of the judges she had been blown away by the quality of the entries. “The finalists all spoke about their passion for creating quality products that customers love, and making an impact that matters for New Zealand. “As a 100% New Zealand locally owned and operated business, we absolutely love hearing about Kiwi ingenuity, and supporting local business owners to reach new heights. These awards are a celebration of the achievements of our fantastic food and grocery industry in Aotearoa, the innovation and customer focus of suppliers across the country, and the partnerships that make it all happen”, she says.
Foodstuffs presented 12 awards under two main categories: category excellence and national awards.
The full list of winners is:
- Foodstuffs National Innovation Award: Boring Milk
- Foodstuffs National Sustainability Award: All Good
- Foodstuffs National Partnership Award: Fonterra
- Own Brands Partnership Award: Zeta Group
Awards for category excellence:
Foodstuffs South Island:
- Fresh Partner Award: MG New Zealand
- Grocery Partner Award: Frucor Suntory
- Liquor Partner Award: Hancocks
- Members Choice: Mondelez International
Foodstuffs North Island:
- Fresh Partner Award: Primor
- Grocery Partner Award: Tom & Luke
- Liquor Partner Award: Pernod Ricard New Zealand
- Members Choice: Prolife Foods